Who should apply?
Wondering if Iron Academy is the right school for your son? Wondering if your son is the right student for Iron Academy? If your son is entering 6-11th grades, please read below.
Families who excel at IA:
Iron Academy is comprised of a diverse group of families. However, all of our families have the following things in common:
- Intentionally and intensely Christ-following
- Committed to the process of growing young boys into Godly men
- Believe in, support, and instill in their sons accountability and individual responsibility
- Follow Biblical discipleship
- Engage in and serve their local church body
If this sounds like your family, IA may be the school for your son.
Students who excel at IA:
Young men who excel at IA not only share the above characteristics with their families, but also:
- Seek to grow their own relationship with Christ
- Have average to above average academic capabilities
- Are willing to be mentored and discipled by their teachers
- Take personal responsibility for their academic growth
- Demonstrate grit, the ability to persist through difficulty
- Knows he was created for more
- Does not want to be a "typical" boy and will embrace the call to biblical manhood
If your son is a rising 6-11th grader and has the potential to excel in these areas, IA may be the school for him. We are a community of people who aspire to live the Christ-honoring lives we were created to live by God. While we do have a Senior class, we do not accept rising Seniors. This is because they will not have had enough time at Iron Academy to meet all the requirements of being a student and establishing leadership in one year.
Iron Academy cannot accept all its applicants. Almost 100% of our students have shadowed Iron Academy students for an entire school day before filling out an application. We highly recommend this. We are much different than any school in North Carolina, probably unique to the world. We are the perfect school for a select few and the wrong school for most. Before you fill out the online application, you should visit for a tour and then establish a shadow day for your son. It is neither in our interest nor yours for us to sell you on the extraordinary attributes of Iron Academy if you are not a good fit for this community or vice versa. If you find us to be the right school for your family and your son, you will be thankful for how jeolously we guard our culture.
We do not accept students who need academic remediation, behavior modification, or therapies. We are not a military school. Iron Academy is a purposefully small school with limited resources and we are not able to meet the needs of some young men. We will be happy to help you explore options with some of our sister schools who excel in that area.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.