Apply to Iron Academy
To apply, please complete all of the following steps:
1. Visit our school: Iron Academy is unlike any other school and visiting us can help you and your son decide if applying is the best choice. Please click here to read more about the options for visiting.
2. Fill our our online application: Click the link below to access our online application. You will need to create an account with FACTS, which will allow you to save your progress at any time. Your application will not be fully submitted until all required fields are completed.
2. Submit required forms and payment: Once you have finished and submitted your application, please send the $100 application fee and required forms to Iron Academy. Please click on "Application Documents" below for a list of what is needed.
3. Schedule the Gibson Test: Click below to access our online calendar for scheduling a time to have your son take the Gibson Test. This is not an academic evaluation, but is a cognative skills assessment. More information can be found at www.gibsontest.com. You will receive a copy of the results for your personal records. We will also give your son a short, written evaluation.
4. Schedule a Final Interview: Once all of your documents have been submitted, admissions office will contact you to schedule a final interview for you and your son. Both parents (if possible) and the applying student should be present.
If you have questions at any point during the application process, please feel free to contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our front office staff, 919-977-8811 ext. 0.
For online applications to be considered and interviews to be arranged, the following must be mailed to Admissions, Iron Academy, 3510 Edwards Mill Road, Raleigh, NC 27612 or emailed to email@example.com:
- Copies of most recent report card and previous year’s report card.
- Copies of most recent standardized testing scores.
- If your son has had any disciplinary actions, we’ll need copies of the documentation from the previous two years.
- If your son has ever received an IEP, 504 Plan, or recieved other academic accomodations, we’ll need copies of the documentation.
- High school applicants must submit a current transcript to ensure a seemless transition of credits for graduation.
Please encourage the teachers, pastors/church leaders listed on your application to return the request for recommendation as soon as possible.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.